Sunday 19 October 2014

Preparing for the festive season

Well that time of year is coming around all too quickly yet again.  This year I need to be ultra organised as there are 11 children to cater for in our family. They range in age from 15 to 9 months. I have three girls, my sister has a girl and 2 boys and my parents have 5 foster children, 3 boys and 2 girls. Being on a limited budget but having a good stock of yarn means that a lot of the presents will be hand made. I also have to cater for 3 birthdays in December, one before Christmas, one 2 days after Christmas and one on New Year's Eve.

So far I have a waffle stitch blanket under way. I am making this for my parent's youngest foster child who will turn 1 two days after Christmas. She will also get a toy of some description maybe a bunny not sure yet.

Waffle Stitch Blanket 

My oldest daughter is easy as she is a Marvel Comics fan and is happy to have a Captain America Throw rug. The two younger daughters keep seeing different things on my different crochet sites that they would like, just have to narrow it down lol. Thinking of Ninja Turtles for my nephew who is 3 and loves them, super heroes for my parent's three boys and maybe playfood for the girls. So many awesome patterns to choose from.

Looking forward to showing you what I can come up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment